The path to lowering your energy costs starts here. Our Energy Services team can conduct a low cost (and in some cases, no cost) home energy assessment if you reside in Greater Rochester or the surrounding counties. Learn more about our energy services below.
Our BPI-certified technicians will help you prioritize your needs to reduce your heating and cooling bills, with unbiased advice to help you make the best decisions for you and your home.
New York State’s Assisted Home Performance with Energy Star Free Home Energy Assessment Program gives property owners access to a free or reduced cost residential home energy assessment so that you can save money and energy, and be more comfortable in your home.
To get started, fill out the application form, or give us a call at (585) 325-4170. The hyperlink to this PDF form lives in the Media Library for NCP Main (File name: NYSERDSA HPwES-Assessment-Application)
1. Download and PRINT this Application Form
2. Fill it out completely and sign it
3. Send us your application, along with a copy of your current utility bill with your application and we will submit it to NYSERDA for approval:
NeighborWorks Community Partners Rochester
Attn: Energy Services
570 South Avenue
Rochester, NY 14620
4. Once your application is submitted and NYSERDA determines you are eligible, they will provide a “Reservation Number.” You have 90 days to have your assessment completed, by contacting us at Energy@nwcprochester.org or calling us at: (585) 327-4710.
5. When the assessment is completed, our BPIcertified technician will provide you with a Home Analysis Report. We will review your results, including a cost-benefit analysis, any safety or health concerns, and solutions tailored specifically for your home.
Margie C., Rochester, NY
“I had an audit done and had almost all the recommended work done, including new ENERGY STAR appliances. Over the following year, I kept track and my gas bill went down 25%, and my electric bill down a whopping 44%! That adds up to a lot of money saved!”
If you have any questions, please contact us for more information.
Learn more about buying your first home, talk to experts and lenders, ask questions