Our offices may be closed, but we’re still here for you, neighbor! Do you need to make a repair to your home or upgrade your heating system? Our home rehab lending and grants department can discuss your options for affordable loans and possible grant resources. Scroll down for more information.
NeighborWorks® Community Partners Rochester now offers several options for folks with modest budgets to help with a home rehab project. Our lending staff will work closely with you to assess your eligibility for financing and grant funding.
Due to COVID-19, our offices are closed to the public until further notice. But we can still help you over the phone, or via video chat. Contact us for more information!
Home Repair Loan + Grant Program
Due to popular demand, there is currently an 18-month waiting list for this program. Whether you need to replace your roof or fix structural issues, we will work with you to find solutions for your home repair. Our Loan + Grant program takes a look at your current project and financial situation to determine whether or not you qualify for a grant subsidy based on your income.
Disqualifying Factors Include:
• A credit score below 620
• Recent bankruptcy
• Monthly debts/credit obligations that exceed 45% of your gross income
• Delinquent mortgage payments or other credit obligations
• Delinquent municipal obligations, such as real estate taxes, water or garbage bills
• Must have owned and occupied the property for at least 6 months, and cannot own multiple properties
If any of these apply to you, you may want to participate in financial fitness counseling.
For those who do qualify, a low-interest loan may be paired with a grant subsidy *but is not guaranteed.* We do not offer grant-only services. This program is for rehab/repair projects only, and in-house construction management is required for grant assistance. If you wish to be added to the 18-month waiting list, please click here to contact us for a pre-screening form, or call us at (585) 325-4170. Once we receive your pre-screen form, you will be notified that you have been added to
the waiting list.
- We will then follow up with you quarterly to share any updates we may have about the waiting list; at this time, there is an 18-month waiting period.
- When it is your turn to submit a full application, a member of our Lending Team will call you to begin the pre-qualification process to determine your eligibility.
- There will be a $15 credit application fee (single applicant) or $25 for dual-applicants charged at that point in the process.
- If your credit score qualifies, there will also be a $50 application fee to submit a full application.
Home Energy Project Grants
If an 18-month waiting list isn’t the right fit for you, and your project is related to home insulation needs (furnace or hot water heater replacement, or other qualified home-energy project), then you may be able to receive grant assistance under our Energy Services program.
NeighborWorks® Community Partners Rochester offers FREE home energy assessments (regardless of income). We can work with you to determine your full list of energy-related home repair needs and help you apply for supplemental funding to help you complete your project(s). Click here to learn more about getting a FREE home energy assessment.